About JM Module
Key Staff Members
Teaching and Learning Materials
Go to the Russian website of the project
Project Reference: 101047533-GreenTexEd-ERASMUS-JMO-2021-HEI-TCH-RSC
Start – 2022, End - 2025
The module objective is to offer courses on European green deal and circular economy to engineering students and scientists so that they can expand their expertise in both the environmental and social impacts of the textile industry and create green textiles in line with sustainable development goals as their European colleagues do.
The module aims at developing soft skills for sustainable communities for the four target groups (engineering students whose education are not directly related to EU studies, schoolchildren, academic community, representatives of textile businesses and policy makers from the local ministry of economics). These soft skills are classified as environmental awareness skills, cross-cultural communication skills, and leadership skills. The module indents to use certain methods for developing these skills.
The module intends to add the EU dimension to the textile engineering degree programs, which are mostly non-EU oriented in Russia.
The interdisciplinary project team will include PhDs and professors with vast experience in EU studies: a specialist in textile engineering (the leader), an educationalist, and engineers. The project participants are additionally skilled in intercultural communication, math modelling, networking and internationalization.
• developing the engineering students’ awareness of sustainable development goals and circular economy agenda in the EU;
• empowering students, professors and industry representatives to change the focus of textile production to the eco-design inspired by the best EU practices;
• encouraging HEIs and industrial companies to role-model their European counterparts in implementing green environment and sustainable textile policies.
Four courses providing an integrated and holistic immersion into the EU HIE entrepreneurial ecosystem:
• EU Green Deal and Circular Economy - 24 contact hour;
• EU Textile Strategy - 29 contact hour;
• EU Environmentally Friendly Chemical Technologies - 24 contact hour;
• Cultural Dimensions of EU Sustainable Development - 18 contact hours.
Project impact will include adding the EU dimension to non-EU related curricula; encouraging students to study the EU experiences; EU-inspired solutions to transform the local textile industries to fit the sustainable development goals in line with the EU policies; focusing on collaboration with the academic community through the EU networks that will benefit the EU.
⚹Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.
⚹При финансовой поддержке Европейского Союза. Публикация содержит взгляды и мнения автора(ов) и не обязательно отражает таковые Евроепейского Союза. Европейский Союз или грантодатель не могут быть привлечены к ответственности за них.