Kazan National Research Technological University springs from the Integrated Industrial College. On July 14, 1890, the Ministry of Public Education of the Russian Empire enacted the resolution to establish the Integrated Secondary Technological and Chemical Sciences College and the Lower Technical College comprising chemiсal engineering, mechanical engineering and civil engineering departments.
The College had buildings for studies; premises for metal works; workshops for technical and chemical experiments; a gas plant; a power station; a residential house for Professors and employees. September 10, 1897 saw the grand opening of Kazan Industrial College. It was equipped with pilot plants for production of soda, sodium sulfate, hydrochloric acid, wood distillation, ferrous and copper sulfate, alum, soap manufacture and glue boiling. Kazan Industrial College had 17 graduations, trained 1145 specialists. In 1919, Kazan Industrial College became Kazan Polytechnic Institute with three faculties: chemistry, mechanics and economics.
It was in 1930 that on the basis of Kazan Polytechnic Institute and Faculty of Chemistry of Kazan State University, Kazan State Technological Institute was founded. Since 1935 till 1992 it was called Kazan State Chemical Technological Institute named after S.M. Kirov.
From 1941 through 1943 the evacuated Leningrad Technological Institute became part of Kazan State Chemical Technological Institute. The Institute was dynamically developing and became a leader in training future engineers and researchers as well as the acknowledged center of science and methodology. The most important scientific schools appeared at Kazan State Chemical Technological Institute and many results of research were implemented in industry. Since 1990 the Institute considerably expanded the range of the Specialist Degree programs, among which Degrees in humanities appeared. In 1992 Kazan State Chemical Technological Institute obtained a new status and became Kazan State Technological University (KSTU).
In 1997, two research and design institutes became part of Kazan State Technological University, they are Scientific Research Institute УSpecKauchukФ (Special Natural Rubber) and Design Institute УSouyzchimpromproektФ.
In 1997, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Tatarstan was introduced as one of the founders of Kazan State Technological University alongside with the Government of the Russian Federation.
Over 74 thousand specialists have graduated from our University. They work in Russia and in other countries. Many of them administer ministries and departments, universities and academic institutions, occupy senior positions in government and non-governmental organizations, they are general directors and chief experts of the most important enterprises of Russia and the Republic of Tatarstan.
The University is proud of its students, among them are: famous Academician V.V. Kafarov, corresponding members of the Soviet Academy of Sciences P.A. Kirpichnikov, S.R. Rafikov, I.V Torgov, B.M. Mikhaylov, Y. S. Klyachkin, the laureates of the LeninТs and State Prizes of the USSR, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tatarstan, award of Council of Ministers of the USSR L.M. Beykin, S.G. Bogatyrev, R.S. Gaynutdinov, S.N. Kosolapov, V.G. Shatsillo, G.K. Klimenko, A.I. Sidorov, V.A. Shishkin, A.G. Liakumovich, A.D. Nikolayeva, H.E. Kharlampidi, V.F. Sopin, A.F. Makhotkin and many others.
Among the University outstanding scientists are the Honoured Science Workers of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tatarstan, full members and corresponding members of the Academies of Sciences of Tatarstan and Russia. They enhance the prestige of the existing scientific schools and promote the appearance of new scientific schools: N.S. Akhmetov, R.A. Nugaev, R.S. Sayfullin, F.P. Madyakin, V.P. Barabanov, S.G. Dyakonov, F.A. Garifullin, V.A. Ivanov, V.A. Maximov, A.A. Kirsanov.
The University holds the memory of its outstanding scientists. In 1970, the Museum of history of Kazan State Technological University was opened, the memorials of Academician A.E. Arbuzov, corresponding member of the Artillery Academy of Sciences B.L. Kondratskiy, Full Professor G.Kh. Kamaj, corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR P.A. Kirpichnikov were created, memorial plaques were established and monographs about life and work of prominent University scientists were published.
MUSEUM OF KAZAN NATIONAL RESEARCH TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
Explore the Museum of Kazan National Research Technological University!
Director: Olga R. Knyazeva
Phone. +7 (843) 231-42-84
The MuseumТs collection of 30710 objects representing the history of Kazan National Research Technological University, since its foundation as Integrated Industrial and Technical College, mirrors the UniversityТs variety. Among the Museum items are original manuscripts of scientific works, photos, and personal things of the scientists, instruments, video films and audio records.
The museum was established on January, 23, 1970 as the museum of a famous Russian scientist in the field of organic chemistry Academician Alexander Arbusov.
The museum organizes different exhibitions and excursions for school children, students and guests of the city.
The opening hours are 9 a.m. Ц 5 p.m. from Monday through Thursday.
People limit Ц 20.
|© 1997-2019 Kazan National Research Technological University|
|All rights reserved|